Appointment of the embassy
What is the embassy time for?
Any Iranian person who wants to obtain an US visa and enter this country must first make an appointment with the US embassy. In order to be able to apply for a non-immigrant (temporary residence) or immigration (permanent residence) visa. If the person can meet the requirements of the embassy, he will be able to obtain a visa. In the following, we will talk about the conditions and how to make an appointment at the US embassy and which embassy is better.
Procedures for determining the time of the US Embassy
- Online registration on the website of the American virtual consulate
- Filling out the non-immigrant visa form on the website of the US consulate
- Paying fees related to embassy time and digital fingerprinting online
- Determining the right time for the embassy
Embassy appointment priorities
In fact, the type of visa that people apply for to enter US has an impact on the process of booking an appointment at the US embassy and interview. The types of requests for appointment at the embassy are categorized as follows:
- First: tourist visas, visiting relatives, work, participation in congresses, medical treatment
- Second: Student visa and study opportunity
- Third: engagement and investment visa
- Fourth: Green card applicants and American citizens
Which embassy is better?
The United States does not have an embassy in Iran, so US visa applicants must travel to another country to receive an embassy appointment. Turkey, Armenia and the United Arab Emirates are suitable countries for receiving embassy appointments. Iranians usually choose one of these countries to pursue their visa procedures. Due to the high volume of applications, the mentioned countries also have officers fluent in Persian language.
Documents required at the time of the embassy
According to the information on the official website of the United States government, the documents required to make an appointment at the US embassy and the documents that the applicant must take with him to the US consulate after online registration include the following:
- Copy of the first page of the passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- 5×5 color face photo scan, new with white background
- Completed form DS-160 in Farsi language or confirmation page for completion of DS-160 form in English language
- Valid email address and phone number
- Request on letterhead
- Scan of the visa page (if you have a US visa history in the past)
Make an embassy appointment with the Westwood office
The Westwood service office handles all matters related to the appointment of the US Embassy for you, dear compatriots. The Westwood office is located in the city of Los Angeles, California, USA, and is available 24 hours a day through the website and social networks. Contact Westwood.
Check out Westwood’s website articles here.